Nic has just appeared on stage at the Oscar Nominees Luncheon, where she was briefly quizzed by the media in the room. She was very happy and talkative, and it was a great press conference! Here’s what she talked about:
- Jackie Weaver (who she grew up watching!), and finding international fame in the “second half” of life. Often people are told that if they don’t make it by 35, they’re not going to make it at all, but that’s changing.
- The new group of filmmakers from Australia
- How each nomination this season has been “probably each time I was included in the categories, I’ve been more excited than any other time before”. How it’s unbeliveable to her that she’s been nominated again after all these years, and that because it’s this film, it’s now a very “sweet time”.
- They didn’t expect the enormous support in Toronto. It’s been the “loveliest time”, and she’s “very very thankful”.
- The new addition to her family is in her crib sleeping! Sunday Rose was sent of to a farmer’s market with a girlfriend of hers this morning. “That’s of no interest to anybody else here I wouldn’t think!” she joked.
- Sunday Rose has pretty strong opinions, she chooses what she calls” pretty dresses”, and she has a very strong voice in terms of what Nicole will be wearing at the Oscars. She could be wearing a tutu, Nicole joked!
Here’s a screencap of Nic on stage, and stay tuned for full coverage – videos, quotes, photos etc. – tomorrow! Or if you can’t wait that long, check out our forum in the meantime.